ZnO Material Properties

I’d like to make a structure of TFT by using ZnO, but I couldn’t find it. Would you explain how to make the material?

Adding ITO and ZnO in material Database
External QE에 대하여

Hi, go to this site: www.refractiveindex.info.
You can extract the data (n,k,…) of ZnO and other material In the form of text files and then go to lumerical. select material button and then select Add button, next select sampled data. by selecting imported data button you can introduce and import new material to Lumerical and utilize it.

I hope my description would help you.

How to add Zno in device materials list?

Hi sxj409,
I am assuming that you are referring to thin-film transistor as TFT and you want to use ZnO as a semiconductor material in your simulations. To do this, you can open the Material Database in Device and add a new Semiconductor. Then you can set the parameters of interest. You can find a detailed description on how to create a new semiconductor material in Device from our Knowledge Base by clicking here. Make sure that you choose a right value for Ec valley in Material Properties and check the enabled box. Please refer to this page which describes the difference between L,X, and gamma values for Ec valley.
However, if you are using ZnO as an optical material in your simulations, please refer here that explains how you can add a material to the library and how you can count for its potential nonlinear behaviour. Hope this helps.

attached file.

How to determine real part and imaginary part of dielectric constant? I found the refractive index corresponding to wavelength in the web site you informed. But, I couldn’t find any data of dielectric constant value corresponding to wavelegnth…Please advice me…

Hi @Gunho

Dielectric constant or permittivity is defined as index^2. If you have data for refractive index, simply import data and software will calculate the dielectric constant automatically.

Thanks. I already got the refractive index file of ZnO from the website you mentioned before. However, for importing data in FDTD, we need 3 columns data such as Wavelength, Real(dielectric constant), and imaginary(dielectric constant)… like this;

Index n^2=dielectric constant
is there any way to calculate it? Is it possible to create some materials with only refractive index?.

Thank you.

Hi @Gunho

The website is one of the resources that you can extract refractive index as a function of wavelength. You can probably check the references provided on the website to see if refractive index has imaginary part, or do a literature search. If there is no imaginary part, you can add a column of small numbers such as 1E-5 for the imaginary part and then import the data.

Hope this could answer your question.

Hi Guys

Can anyone provide me pdf with ZnO and ITO database please. I do not know where to find them.

Thanks

This questions is answered in this direct.