varFDTD not running for trial license

Hello!
I downloaded and activated a trial version for the MODE solver 2020a. The FDE simulation works well, but the varFDTD doesn’t run. When I click Run, the progress window pops up but closes a couple of seconds later without performing the simulation. I also have another older version (2018b) installed on the same computer and it used to work, but now also stopped working after I activated the trial. I know the simulation file is not the problem because it ran fine in the past and also in other computers.
What could be the issue?
Thanks in advance!
Mateus

@mcz2109,

Welcome to Lumerical Knowledge Exchange.

Can you try to run this example simulation? varfdtd.lms (596.4 KB). This should take about 10-15 mins. If you are not able to run this example please send the log file generated.

Would it be possible to share your simulation file and log file? If there are any error message please send a screenshot of the error message as well. Thanks.

Best,
Lito

Hi, @lyap! Thank you very much for your reply!

I downloaded your file and tried to run it. In the 2020a version, the job manager window pops up and disappears after a couple of seconds. In the 2018b version, the window pops up and is frozen with “Engine” as “Unallocated”, “Status” as “Waiting” and without any progress bar. In both cases no log file is generated. No error message is display either.

@mcz2109,

Please check your trial license status if this is shown as Activated.

If it is “Activated”, please try to remove Lumerical and do a clean installation as shown from the post below. *Please restart/reboot your machine after removing Lumerical. Then Download a fresh copy of the installation package from our website.

Hi, @lyap!

The license is activated and I already tried a clean installation. I even uninstalled the 2018 version I had, just in case to avoid any possible problem of having two versions installed.

@mcz2109,

During the clean installation did you remove the preference files on your machine?
https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025358714

There was a similar post before:

Hi, @lyap!

I hadn’t deleted the preference files when I did the clean install before, but now I followed your suggestion and it worked!
Thank you very much for the help!

Best regards,
Mateus

@mcz2109,

Glad that the issue has been resolved. :+1:

Best,
Lito

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.