Unknown error code is 9010 ( DEVICE)

Hi

I’m looking for your kind assistance in this subject matter.

I tried to run an example file with some modification [https://kb.lumerical.com/en/modulators_ferroelectric.html ]
However, it keeps on prompting unknown parallel error as shown below.

The program terminated due to an error: Initialization failed to converge charge update due to numerical failure.ferroelectric_modulatoLiNbO3.ldev (7.3 MB)

** Error: there was an unknown parallel error. The error code is 9010, the process number is 0**

I have modified the file for LiNbO3 material. I have attached the modified fine in here.

It would be great if you can give some solution.

Thanks,

Naim

Hi,

Your simulation region is unnecessarily wide. As long as part of the contacts are included in the simulation, it is good enough. The simulation does not need to be extended beyond contacts. For example, in your case, a 20um wide simulation region is more than enough. If you make this change, you should be able to run the simulation successfully. Also make sure that you are running the latest version of DEVICE.

Hi @mmahpeykar
Thank you for your reply. I have changed the simulation region and the and run the latest version of the DEVICE. But I still have the same issue as before. I have also change the value of max refine steps but having the same following error:

1.The program terminated due to an error: Initialization failed to converge charge update due to numerical failure.
2.Error: there was an unknown parallel error. The error code is 9010, the process number is 0

I have attached the file in here. Can you take a look and give a solution.
ferroelectric_modulatoLiNbO3.ldev (7.3 MB)

Thank you.

Naim

Hi @naimece,

The LiN material that you have defined in your simulation is a semiconductor and needs a minimum amount of properties to be defined which includes mobility where as in your model mobility is defined as zero which is not acceptable.

In addition, under recombination tab, you have enabled the trap-assisted recombination but set the lifetime values to zero. You need to specify a reasonable value for lifetime or disable this recombination.

Once you fix these issues, you should be able to run the simulation.