Unable to use design tools

fdtd
license

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the FDTD Solutions software and activated my node locked license but I get an error when trying to proceed. I am using macOS High Sierra 10.13.5.

Thank you
download
Andre Chavez

Please send screenshot of the FDTD license activation status. Similar to the ones below:

If you are using FlexNet license manager.

Your Configure FDTD license utility should show an “Activated” license status on the NODE tab and uses “localhost” as the server as shown below.

Cheers,
Lito

Hello Lito,

Here is activation status:

and the request/responses

Thank you
Andre

The Floating Tab please, and click on the view license details for the activated license.

I was only given a code for the node locked evaluation license but here is the Floating Tab.

and details:

23%20PM

The activated license is only for Zemax Interoperability and not for FDTD Solutions. You will have to purchase a license for FDTD Solutions. Your FDTD Solutions license might have already expired. Please check on the “show expired activations” button to view more.

Please change the server on the floating tab to “localhost” since the license is on the same machine.

Cheers,
Lito

There are no expired activations, I must have been sent the wrong license. I just wanted to try the software out using the 30 day trial so I downloaded the FDTD solutions yesterday.

Referencing your account you were sent 2 license activation codes:

• Primary contact: Andre Chavez
  • Product: FDTD Solutions - Trial License
  • Product: Charge Transport Solver - Trial License
  • Product: DEVICE Integrated Design Environment - Trial License
  • Product: Stack Optical Solver - Trial License
  • Product: Automation API License - Trial License
  • Start date: 2018-07-09
  • End date: 2018-08-09

And

• Primary contact: Andre Chavez
  • Product: Zemax Interoperability License - Trial License
  • Start date: 2018-07-09
  • End date: 2018-08-09

Please activate both of the licenses that you got. You only activated the license for Zemax Interop.

Cheers,
Lito

You were right! I was just using the wrong activation code! I found the right one and now it seems to be running just fine.

Thank you for all your help!!
Lito

Glad that the problem has been resolved.

Cheers,
Lito

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.