Tooth-shaped plasmonic filter based on graphene nanoribbon

mode

Hello
I want to reach figure 3c and 3d in this article " Tooth-shaped plasmonic filter based on graphene nanoribbon". We should use graphenes nanoribbon in Mode solution and write script for it but I don’t know what script I use. Could you help me to find this script?
Thanks in advance
Tooth-shaped plasmonic filter based on graphene nanoribbon.pdf (426.8 KB)

Hi @behnam.badihi,

I’m not too sure to understand what script you are looking for. If I’m not mistaken, the figures you are interested in correspond to the effective index of a mode propagating in the graphene ribbon. You should be able to calculate this with MODE Solutions, using the eigenmode solver analysis. The video in the link above will show you how to set up the simulation and do the frequency sweep needed to get the effective index as function of the frequency. This can be done by scripting using the frequencysweep function

Prior to do that, you need to build the structure. You can do that either with the user interface or with scripting.

Also, you need to know the material properties for silicon and graphene. A graphene model is available in MODE Solutions, but you need to know some parameters (chemical potential, scattering rate, etc.). I’m not sure if this information is given in the paper.

I hope this will help!

Thank you for your reply. I have done the way that you suggested. But I shoud define the 3D grapheme in mode solution. I don’t know the exact value of n in Eigensourse Analyser. If I should write the n of graphene what value I write?b.lms (245.2 KB)
i reach this result but it doesnt look like the figure 3c in the article.i would really appraciate if you could help me.

Hi @behnam.badihi,

The structure in MODE Solutions should be similar to the one in the paper:

The FDE solver region should be orthogonal to the waveguide so it can calculate the modes in the cross section of the waveguide. You can change the “solver type” in the FDE properties:

Then, you have 2 approaches to model graphene, either using the surface conductivity or a volumic permittivity as described in the link. However, you need to know the properties used in the paper if you want to reproduce the results.