Temperature of the illuminated material

Hi,
I am using FDTD solutions for modeling electric field of illuminated by plane wave source structures. I would like to get a temperature profile of the structure as well. FDTD has an attribute “Temperature”, however I can not get any data out of it. Could you help me, please, to understand how can I get data about the temperature data in every moment of simulations? And how to change the duration of simulation?
Is it possible to set the temperature under which simulation is held?

Thank you in advance,
Diana

Dear @diana.nechepurenko

All the optical simulations are done in FDTD and all the heat and electrical related simulations are done in Device. For simulations that require both heat and optical simulations, for example, you will need both tools. This can be done in two ways:

1. Yo do heat simulations in Device and import the temperature profile as a perturbation to optical refractive index. For more information, you can take a look at thermally tuned waveguide example and visit the link below for step by step explanation on how to do it:
  1. The second case is photothermal heating in which your devices get heated under optical illumination. In this case, you calculate absorbed power in FDTD, and then import the results in Device to calculate the temperature distribution. You can read more about this case here:
    https://kb.lumerical.com/en/index.html?sp_photothermal-heating-in-plasmo.html

For more examples on how to connect FDTD simulations with Device electrical simulations, please look at the solar cell application examples.

Please take a look at them and let me know should you have further questions.

Thanks

Dear bkhanaliloo,

thank you very much for the answer.
I guess the second option is what I need. I will check examples and try to calculate the temperature distribution based on FDTD simulation results.

Have a nice day!