Surface plasmonic polarization simulation at interface of silver and Al2O3

I want to simulate the SPP wave at silver and Al2O3 interface; but always failed; I don’t know if
my model has some problems, please help me check. Thankssilve-al2o3-sppwavelength_example.fsp (304.8 KB)

Hi @d04222016,

I had a quick look at your file, there’s a few things that bother me:

• The source: you defined a gaussian beam with a 3.1um radius, but the source is 100nm wide.
  • The source angle is quite large. There’s barely any light reaching the structure.
  • There’s some divergence issue, most likely due to the metal structures going through the PML. You can use the “stabilized” profile to solve this.
  • In the structure, the first 2 elements (silverplate and metal) seem to be of the same material. Is it an error?

It would also help if you could give us some information about the results you would like to obtain. Are you trying to reproduce a paper?

@gbaethge Thanks your kindly reply. I just want to know the SPP wave field imaging at interface of
silver and Al2O3 (5nm) when incident light is around 600 nm.
BTW, silverplate and metal are same material, I modify from other model.
All those setup, just want to excite SPP on interface; maybe there are so many mistakes.
I don’t know how to make a suitable model to simulate the SPP on interface. The physics picture,like this

Hi @d04222016,

A good starting point would be to have a look at the plasmonics simulation methodology, and the “simple glass-silver-air slab” example.

If you a just interested in what is happening at the interface silver/Al2O3, you can possibly simplify the simulation to something similar to the example I mentioned above.

Otherwise, if the groove is part of the structure you would like to model, you can use the methodology described in “single device on a substrate”.