Spr Biosensor Design

I want to design this biosensor
and want to get the plots like these

I have design a sensor but could not get the above plots.can anyone help me in this regards???Here is my filetry.fsp (414.6 KB)
For the design i used Lumerical 2013 version.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing information about your application here. It looks interesting! However, it is not obvious to me what is the best simulation approach for this type of application, in particular the light source and how the signal is collected. It would be best if you can share the original paper so that I would have a better understanding of the experiment.

I have looked at your simulation file and noticed some problems. But before I provide specific comments, let me try to understand your application more. I will provide a more detailed response once you get back to us with more information.

Hi,
Here you want to plot the reflectance vs the excitation angle. lt wouId be better to provide more details. However, I did something similar in a basic frensel example. I attached the file and the script. Let me know if this is close to what you need to do.

frensel.lsf (1.1 KB)
frensel.fsp (236.4 KB)

Thank u for your information.It will be pleasured for me if you show me the problems that i made in the simulation.

The main problem of your original setup is that the configuration and the source dont seem like the best representation of the biosensor you are hoping to simulate. If you dont care about the triangular prism, then I think setup suggested by @aya_zaki may not be a bad example. It will likely able to tell you the reflection at each angle, using sweep.

However, it will be better if you can give us the name of the paper so we can take a look at it.

I will also encourage you to update the software to the latest release if you have not done so. We are a lot of new features and bug fixes since then.

Thanks for your compliment.Here is the link of the paper…http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0030401815300699.It will be helpful for me if i get my desired output.

Hi, I took a quick look at the paper your referred to. I think Aya’s suggestion is actually not too far off from what you may need. There is a KB page that describes similar simulation approach. I think you should be able to reproduce Fig 2 in the paper.

At the same time, I would also encourage to you watch some of the introductory videos at the bottom of this page.