Thank you for contacting Lumerical support. Before proceeding, please note that this is a public forum and anything you post will be visible to the general public. For users residing in the United States, please ensure that the files and information contained within your posts are not International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or export controlled.
To help us solve your issue as quickly as possible, please provide the following information:
1. What device are you trying to simulate? Include diagrams if available.
I am trying to simulate Single bus Silicon nitride ring with 80um radius and width 1.3um. The thickness of the waveguide 400nm.
2. What results are you trying to obtain? Be as specific as possible.
I am trying to sweep different parameters (gap, width) to obtain optimum FSR, high Q-factor from transmission result. I used power and frequency monitor to observe the result.
3. Description of the problem or issue.
Once I simulated the design by using PML boundaries in varFDTD, it has completed up to 71% and then automatically closed the Job Manager box. Even, the simulation completed for 5points (sweep parameters) up to highest 65%. I didn’t get the desired transmission result.
4. Lumerical product and software version.
Mode Solver and Ansys Lumerical 2020 R2.2
5. Please attach your simulation files, including any logs.
80um_SiN_ring.lms (1.0 MB)