Shift in Intensity pattern

Hello,

I have created Device 1 and Device 2(you can ignore objective lens), there is a problem with the result which is it’s not symmetric. The monitor_YZ and monitor_XZ shows intensity variation. When I change the polarization of source, there is shift in the pattern in one of them. monitor_YZ and monitor_XZ should come symmetric because all components are symmetric. I don’t know why it’s like that. The geometry is perfectly aligned.

I have tried many days to solve this problem. Could you help me out?

I have attached the file.latest_8Aug_eve.fsp (1.3 MB) XZ%20plane

I expect symmetry of Pointing vector magnitude(Intensity) in XZ monitor.

Hello @mohitkhurana,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. The short answer is that you have a slab of anisotropic material which breaks the symmetry. This is causing the beam to be steered slightly.

In your simulation the LC grid attributes are not functioning like you think. They should be used for spatially varying anisotropy, and since you have placed them outside the sim region they do not have any effect. How you have set-up your simulation I think the easiest thing would be to use a permittivity rotation for each arc segment in device 2.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. And feel free to share your results when you have found the solution.

Regards,