Run python & scripts remotely on RHEL from the command line

I do not have root access on my remote machine running RedHat. Following the tutorial for not having root access, I unpackaged the rpm package and created my own ~/.config/Lumerical/License.ini with my license information. However when I run my python API, I get Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 1.45.48 PM and when I try to run an lsf script in MODE I get Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 1.47.26 PM . I am convinced that my problem is the licensing configuration or the locations of my lumerical products/licensing file. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Ian

@ihammond,

Note:

Try not to change the version path i.e.

/your_install_path/2020a/

Investigating this further… are you able to open and run any of the CAD/GUI or the Launcher?
Do you have a graphical connection? The API or runninf the script .LSF files will require a graphical connection or display.

/your_install_path/2020a/bin/fdtd-solutions &
/your_install_path/2020a/bin/mode-solutions &
/your_install_path/2020a/bin/launcher & 

Best,
Lito

lumsupport
This is what I get when I run fdtd-solutions & and launcher &

@ihammond,

From the error it seems that you are not connected to the linux machine graphically.

Do you login remotely using X11 forwarding or VNC Client connection (i.e. graphical connection)?
The commands to open the launcher or FDTD solutions CAD or run a script .LSF file or use the Python API all require a graphica connection to the Linux machine.

How do you connect to your Linux machine? What application do you use? What is your local machine - is it windows? Try to ask the Administrator of the Linux machine if you can connect graphically via VNC or X11 forwarding with gnome-terminal (at minimum), graphical connection is required to use our design environment/CAD.

Best,
Lito

My local machine runs MacOS. Is there a way to install X11 forwarding with gnome-terminal on Linux without root privileges?

@ihammond,

You will have to consult or coordinate with your IT to provide graphical access on your Linux machine.
Otherwise you can only run simulation jobs on your Linux box as shown on this video:
Lumerical Product Licensing - Using extra engines on a remote cluster

Best,
Lito