We are looking to build a model for a rare-earth doped waveguide (or fiber) in interconnect in order to simulate our optically pumped amplifiers and lasers.
Ideally, we would like to be able to see
- the effects of changing pump power and wavelength
- the effects of different dopant concentrations and various dopants (so need to be able to implement energy levels)
- the quenching effects due to clustering of ions
- time domain response of the device, using rate equations
- a lasing spectrum when the gain medium is placed between two mirrors
I can’t seem to be able to find a way to model an optically pumped device in INTERCONNECT yet. I know that there is a “Travelling Wave Laser Model” already, which is for semiconductor lasers. Is there a way to make use of this for optically pumped solid state lasers? Does anybody have any ideas for building a scripted element?