Peak width of scattering cross section

Hi
have a problem when calculating the scattering cross-section of core-shell nanoparticle on metal structure

The calculated peak width is much broader than the experimental result

[AuoM_80nm_n1.6_in water (1).fsp|attachment](upload://k4GsMo8t4QwPBApdQoFTO5zvFcM.fsp

Could you please tell me what the problem is here and how to fix it if possible?

Hello @jpdfasfd,

Thank you for the question. A problem I noticed with your simulation is the injection axis of the TFSF source:

The injection axis of the TFSF source cannot be parallel to the surface like this. You should take a look at the Tips and best practices when using the FDTD TFSF source page to see how to properly use the TFSF source.

Also, you could probably improve your simulation time by shrinking your FDTD region and using antisymmetric x min BCs. I would recommend you take a look at the particle scattering and Mie scattering examples to see roughly how to set up these simulations.

If you are still having problems after looking at those examples, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.