Parametrize your design

analysisgroup
model
parametergroup
parametrization

It is possible to use parameters while creating your design in Lumerical’s component solvers (FDTD Solutions, MODE Solutions, and DEVICE). There are multiple levels on which you can do this.

model: This is the top-most level in the Objects Tree. All other objects in the model tree can be accessed from here. It is possible to create your structure using the “Setup” script. You can also define variables under the “Setup” tab and use them to parametrize your structure. The following screenshot shows how you can vary the radius and height of a cylinder in your design by using the “Setup” tab in model.

structure group: In a similar manner, it is possible to use a structure group to create a geometry and use variable (parameters) to define its properties. The screenshot below shows how we can use a structure group to add multiple nanoparticles on top of a substrate while controlling the size and periodicity of the particles using variables in the structure group.

analysis group: Analysis groups can also be used to create geometries in a manner similar to the structure groups with the additions option to add and modify other simulation objects (mesh constraints or monitors) as well. These geometries and simulation objects can be parametrized by the variables and script defined under the “Setup” tab of the analysis group.

모델을 파라미터화 시키는 방법
How to write a script to run Parameter sweep and Propagation sweep at once and plot the graph
Photonic crystal waveguide coupled to an L3 cavity
Parametric Sweep
plasmonic solar cell
mode analysis in different mesh override region size
Suspended core fiber design
Result is not matching even if simulation environment is the same

Hi,

I am new to FDTD solutions, I went through the following example:

https://kb.lumerical.com/en/sp_chromatic_polarizer.html

I want to know for sweep parameterization of Transmission across wavelength for different polarization, how did u manage to move from FDTD solver to R and T solver(Figure 2 and 3). When I changed it from R and T to FDTD it got locked.

Please throw some light on it.

Thanks

Hi @a.shaukat

Sorry for a late reply. Can you please elaborate on your inquiry? How did you change the R & T results to FDTD in the sweep objects?

Please see in the screen shot
How did u it?
When I change R and T solver to FDTD(drop down menu) I cant revert back
Please explain its function here

Thanks

Hi @a.shaukat

I am guessing that the file that you are referring to is prepared with an old version of FDTD and when you open it with the most recent ones, it shows that weird R and T solver. Please use FDTD for the option and ignore R and T.

Thanks

Thank you :slight_smile: