In this example, we will demonstrate how to use the compact models in the CML to build an optical transceiver.
lcml_optical_transceiver.icp (1.5 MB)
Download and open the file
lcml_optical_transceiver.icp. The optical transceiver circuit in
lcml_optical_transceiver.icp is composed of the following elements:
- laser diode (lcml_ld_cw_1550)
- grating coupler (lcml_gc_te_1550_fdtd)
- waveguide (lcml_wg_strip_1550_mode)
- Mach-Zehnder modulator (lcml_mod_mzi_1550)
- photodetector (lcml_pd_1550).
The optical transceiver is measured by an Eye Diagram analyzer and Oscilloscopes. The following figures show the eye diagram and time domain waveform measured from the circuit.