"OLED_3D_square" example could not run

Hi,

I downloaded the “OLED_3D_square” example, and have the following errors. Thanks!

(1) without changing anything, run the script “OLED_total_QE_analysis_3D_square”

Analyzing point 1 of 9
Analyzing point 2 of 9
Analyzing point 3 of 9
Analyzing point 4 of 9
Analyzing point 5 of 9
Analyzing point 6 of 9
Analyzing point 7 of 9
Calculating results without PC
Analyzing point 8 of 9
Analyzing point 9 of 9
Error: /projects/p20402/aoxy/QE/OLED_total_QE_analysis_3D_square.lsf line 164: in farfield3dintegrate(A,ux,uy), A must be an NxM matrix, with length(ux)=N, length(uy)=N, N>=2 and M>=2.

(2) run the sweep, and finally, it says “No data set was found for the result: ::model::far_field_change_index::E2_far”.
OLED_internal_QE_analysis_3D_square;

Notice:sweep: saving iteration 1 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 2 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 3 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 4 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 5 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 6 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 7 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 8 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving iteration 9 of 9
Notice:sweep: saving complete.
Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 1 of 9
Error:in runanalysis: start running analysis script of ::model::far_field_change_index ...
<in ::model::far_field_change_index: analysis script start>
Error: prompt line 50: after the first string argument (the monitor name), all the remaining arguments of farfieldpolar3d must be a scalar matrices
Error: Result E2_far: variable not found.
Error: Result T_far: variable not found.
<in ::model::far_field_change_index: analysis script complete>

Error: prompt line 1: in runanalysis: one or more analysis objects encountered errors

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 2 of 9
Error:in runanalysis: start running analysis script of ::model::far_field_change_index ...
Error: prompt line 50: after the first string argument (the monitor name), all the remaining arguments of farfieldpolar3d must be a scalar matrices

Error: prompt line 1: in runanalysis: one or more analysis objects encountered errors

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 3 of 9

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 4 of 9

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 5 of 9

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 6 of 9

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 7 of 9

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 8 of 9

Notice:sweep: loading and analyzing iteration 9 of 9

Warning:No data set was found for the result: ::model::far_field_change_index::E2_far
Warning:No data set was found for the result: ::model::far_field_change_index::T_far
Notice:sweep: loading complete.
result: 
0.125  0.125  
result: 
0.125  0.125  
result: 
0.375  0.375  
result: 
0.375  0.375

Dear @ANU

I downloaded the file and ran the script and sweep. Everything went normal and I could reproduce the plots:

This is strange! You mentioned that you just downloaded the file and ran them? Can you please upgrade your software to the latest version and give it another shot? A possible scenario is that, for some reason, some of the simulation file diverge and do not return any results.

I assume that you are running simulations in your computer not in cluster. Please keep me updated and we should be able to find the problem very soon.

Thanks

Dear Behzad,

Thank you very much. You are right – it is due to the software version. I run on cluster and the software version is not the latest. ?? I downloaded the older version of examples and they can run.

I tried to delete my post but I couldn’t. Could you please delete it?

Now I want to generate the colormap figures as shown in the 2D example (https://kb.lumerical.com/en/oleds_simple_2d_oled.html).

Say, to show the angle/wavelength dependent “emission map” along the x-axis (y=0). I added some lines to “OLED_total_QE_analysis_3D_square.lsfhttps://kb.lumerical.com/en/OLED_total_QE_analysis_3D_square.lsf

ux0=E2_far.ux;
ff0=result(1:201,101,1:51);
theta=asin(ux0)180/pi;
image(theta,c/f
1e6,ff0,“theta (deg)”,“wavelength (um)”,“far field in air, PC”);

[//lumerical-community-uploads.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/2X/6/6784ad3fdc7bf9c54105593b4d2edd2f452b636a.jpg]

Do you think whether the generated figure is right or not?

Thanks!

Best,
Xianyu

Dear @ANU

I am glad that problem is resolved. We do not delete the topics, so that we keep a record of problems that a user faces with the hope to help other users with the same challenges.

What you are doing looks fine to me. My only concern would be the way you defined theta which does not match with the way it is defined in the link below:
https://kb.lumerical.com/en/index.html?solvers_far_field_projections_direction_cosine_units.html

Maybe you can interpolate data into spherical coordinates first, using farfieldspherical, and then map data into phi=0 (or any other value of interest).

You can also use visualizer and choose the x and y axes to be theta and frequency to check and make sure that you have selected the proper data to image:

I hope this was helpful.