What is the difference between NODE license and FLOATING licenses?
Illustrating the NODE license
- Do not require Lumerical FlexNet license manager.
- License activation is done with the product’s license configuration utility.
- The license cannot be shared with other users/computers on the Network.
- Is available for Windows and Mac OS only.
And the FLOATING license
- Requires Lumerical FlexNet license manager to activate the license.
- License are Shared with other users/computers on the Network.
- Available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux systems.
More details on Lumerical’s license models:
More details on configuring the User’s computers using Lumerical’s photonic design software:
More information and sample network configuration using Floating license: