No output from monitors

fdtd
plasmonics

We are trying to determine the absorption and scattering spectra of the tip/corner of a triangular (equilateral) structure made of Ag. We have setup our simulation in the following file: triangle_plasmon resonance.fsp (283.1 KB)
The script file we are using to generate the data: triangle_plasmon resonance_abs_scat_ext.lsf (2.8 KB)

However, we are not getting any output from the monitors. Is this the right way to do it, and if not, what alternative method can we use to achieve our desired outcome?

Hi @1130344,

I’m not too sure why you are not getting any results from the monitors as it seems to work on my laptop. However, there is a problem with the way you set the TFSF source.

In your simulation, the scattering object is going through one side of the source, this makes the calculation of the scattered field incorrect. Please review the correct usage page for more information.

If you would like to use the TFSF source, you will have to include the triangle within the box. I can’t really think of a way to get the scattering of only one corner of the triangle. Maybe someone else will have an idea!