CT 100 is a self-paced introductory course on Lumerical’s CHARGE Solver available in DEVICE. This course is primarily intended for new users, with a focus on providing basic instructions on how to perform electrical simulations in DEVICE. During the course, students will learn the basics of the solver physics, its applications and capabilities followed by a practical tutorials demonstrating how to set up a simulation, run, and analyze results using the CHARGE solver.
The course covers frequently used functional areas such as simulation setup, running simulations and visualizing results. This course also includes “My first simulation” section that serves as a getting started example for those who want to start working with the tool asap.
Completing this course will help you to:
- Gain basic understanding of the charge transport physics used by the CHARGE solver
- Get familiar with meshing in DEVICE and the concept of finite-element mesh used by CHARGE solver
- Obtain a good knowledge of various application areas and example devices that the CHARGE solver could be used for
- Get familiar with DEVICE user interface
- Understand how to run your CHARGE simulation and analyze simulation results
- Take advantage of geometry features provided in DEVICE design environment to correctly and efficiently setup your device for simulation
- Know how to setup a basic small signal AC simulation in CHARGE solver, run the simulation and analyze results
- Get familiar with transient (time-dependent) electrical simulations in CHARGE solver and how to setup, run, and analyze these simulations
You can try DEVICE here.