Modeling Conducting Oxides in DEVICE

I tried to model indium tin oxide in DEVICE, I can only specify the energy gap (3.7 eV) and the intrinsic concentration is then automatically calculated to be in the order of 10^-15 cm^-3. This value is far from the reported values in the order of 10^19 cm-3. Is there any way we can model conducting oxides as degenerate semiconductors?

Conducting oxides can indeed be modelled as degenerate semiconductors. To do that, we have to first create a new semiconductor with the appropriate energy gap, permittivity, and work function. Since it is modelled as a semiconductor, we will have to choose a conduction band valley (e.g. Gamma). Additional parameters like mobility and carrier life-time need to be defined. Next, we will create the geometric structure and set the material to our newly created semiconductor. Finally, we will place a constant doping object over the geometric structure to set the doping to the desired level (in this case, 1e19 /cm^3).

I hope this helps. If you’re still have trouble getting good results, please attach your simulation file to this thread and we’ll take a closer look.