Mode GUI not loading fully

I have used lumerical FDTD for a number of years, but wanted to move over to Mode to run some parameter sweeps. I updated from lumerical 2018 to 2020a and it was running fine. However recently when I load a .lms file (one of mine or an exapmle file) the GUI does not open properly (see image) MODE|690x375

I am running windows 10 enterprise 10.0.1714, and as far as I can see there have been no changes to the lumerical software or licences to cause this issue.

Thanks

@md12g12,

To troubleshoot the issue:

1. Please verfiy if this is happening to the other simulation tools; FDTD, HEAT and INTERCONNECT?

2. Try to check the graphics card on your device manager if there are no issues as shown:

3. Try to roll back the drivers in case windows updated the drivers automatically during a system update.

4. Or try to update the graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Lito

Hi Lito,

Thanks, both FDTD and Heat work fine, and I have tried updating the drivers with no success so the issue is just with mode. I can try reinstalling lumerical (again) but otherwise am out of ideas.
Thanks

Try to remove the preference.ini file for MODE.
We have this KB article for details: Preference file location on supported platforms.

Also please send us screenshot of the FDTD about page, indicating the version you are using.

Best,
Lito

Deleting the preference file for MODE fixed the issue. I am using 2020a r4, verions 7.15.2236 if this helps in the future.
Thanks Lito.

@md12g12,

Glad that the issue has been resolved. :+1:

Best,
Lito

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.