MIM structure

I re-run the file of this post: 基于等离子体表面激元(SPP)的MIM结构波导的光源选择,可以直接使用模式光源中的基础TM模光源来激发吗?

to find figure 3(a) and 4(a). for example my figure 4(a):

First peak is similar to paper result but second peak has problem and it is larger than it.
I am very confused.
If possible, check my file and solve my problem.file:plasmonic waveguide filter_Mod.fsp (292.5 KB)

The Best,
Dezyani

HI,
This is my question too. When I use plasma metal divergence is occurred.
Please solve it for anyone.

In the simulation, I used stabilized PML because standard PML did not converge. Is possible to use standard PML, when the metal(plasma) surface is used?

Hi,
I think the metal material model makes a lot of difference to the results in this kind of MIM filters. So, are you using the same model as the paper?

In the paper, has been said “The parameters for silver can be set as ε∞ = 3.7, ωp = 9.1 eV, and γ = 0.018 eV”. I use plasma model.

I used this page for conversion.
Website: https://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/faculty/reusch/virttxtjml/cnvcalc.htm

If is possible, check my simulation file.

I am waiting for your kind answer.

I am checking it now and will get back to you.

Thank you @aya_zaki

Hello Guys,
I have tried every way to get the same results of the paper.

1. I used the Ag-J&C data and I got exactly the same results as the plasma model

2. I tried a mesh of dx= 1nm and dy= 1nm >> No change in the peaks level - only a slight shift in the resonance position.

3. The only factor that changes the peak value is the simulation time. I suppose the simulation time used in the paper was not sufficient. As I use time long enough for the field to decay everywhere, I find the peak of the second mode gets higher.

4. I also tried to limit the source bandwidth from 800 to 1200 nm for higher accuracy but this only gave higher power.

5. In all the simulations below, I used multifrequency mode calculations.