Lumercial任意打开一个FDTD程序运行后,操作一、两步程序就卡住,然后程序显示未响应

你好!我从Lumercial的官网上下载了Lumerical-2020a,安装完成后,能够打开FDTD的程序,但是每次打开之后,用鼠标在该程序上随意操作一、两步,比如把structure展开,看下内部的单元,然后整个程序就卡死,一直显示未响应,我在两台台式机上都试着安装了这个,但都出现相同的现象,请问有哪位知道这可能是什么原因吗?(我是在学校里面,系里有购买统一的license,所以应该不是license的问题)

建议你做一个简单的文件,比如这个 结构参数等所有设置均相同,但模拟结果不一样 里面的仿真文件。如果这个简单文件也出现问题,那就是安装的问题,你需要彻底卸载,再删除所有与Lumerical有关的文件夹,然后再安装。参见 After the software upgrade, it always stuck 以及里面的连接,特别是Clean Installation的。 你试一下第一个文件看看工作不。当然,如果你一个文件工作,你运行第二个文件时,请在任务管理器中查看内存使用情况,有时是因为内存不够。请分别测试。

这个跟我的问题一样,我来回卸载安装几次,还是这样,19年初的版本就没事

请参考这个帖子,做Clean安装试一下。

另外安装前如果有微软的Team,请卸载再安装测试一下。

@gaodo & @yanfen.zhai

Are you using the latext 2020a R7 release. If not try to do a clean install and use the 2020a R7 release.

• Do not forget to remove/delete the FDTD Solutions.INI preference files from your machine. (important)

If the issue persist, downgrade to the previous release, 2019b R6 which is still available on our website.

Are both computers in your university? Are they identical machines? i.e. same computer brand and model and have the same components?
Try to check the display adapter on both machines and send us the screenshot.

Lito,

Hi lyap,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually, I want to export a GDS. File from the FDTD solution. However, this seems can be only done by the newest FDTD version. Unfortunately, when I install the Lumerical-2020a, it appears the problem mentioned above.

Yes, both computers are at my university. I think they are not identical machines. Their display adapters are shown below:

Do you have any good suggestions for solving this problem?

Best regards,
Gaodo

@gaodo

(1) try to upgrade to 2020a R7 which is available on our website.

(2) Are you connecting remotely to these machines from your local home computer? If you are connecting via Remote Desktop Connection try to disable bitmap caching:

(3) Otherwise, please try the suggestion from these KX article on Intel Graphics Adapters.

The above article, also provides the documentation from Microsoft (step #4) on how to investigate which application in your machine could be causing other applications from crashing, if applying the other suggestions does not work.

Best,
Lito

我也出现过这样的问题,但我用比较暴力的方法解决了,重置电脑 :sweat_smile:这真的可以

1 Like

新版不会出现出现这样的问题了

1 Like

Why is there no response again? Even when no other software is running, just open it to see the structure parameters and wait for an hour to respond.

@yanfen.zhai

Based on the posts that you have made - this issue seems to be happening and recurring in different intervals. Are you using the same machine as before when you were using the older versions of Lumerical? From your posts the issue with FDTD not responding when you are doing something on the CAD/GUI happened prior to 2020a R7. Then it happened again after sometime.

Try to resolve this by:

1. Remove the FDTD Solutions.ini or MODE Solutions.ini (preference) files from your machine before opening your simulation file on the new version.

2. Sometimes Windows updates the drivers and this will break the graphics/display. Try to update the graphics/display drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

3. Copy the simulation to a new file using the new version that you are using, if you recently updated.

4. Check if the issue happens to all simulation files. Use the example files from this article.

• If issue always happens to all simulation files including the examples from the article above - check your machine if there are any hardware of software issues.
    • Have your IT run some diagnostics or check your machine thoroughly.
    • It might need a full system re-install.
    • Ensure that you deactivate your license first prior to any repairs / reformatting / Windows re-installation on your machine, to protect your Academic KX license.

Best,
Lito

we should choose to add firewall exceptions for Microsoft and Intel
?

@yanfen.zhai
Just use the default options when you run the installation wizard. I believe these are not enabled by default.

Lito

那次我说重置电脑可以,其实并没有抓住本质,我也出现过你说的问题。我说下我出现这个问题的原因,只要网易有道词典一打开,就会出现你说的情况。这并不是邪乎,是真的。我上次所谓重置,其实是把网易删了,才管用的。当然,最本质的原因应该是这俩个软件系统变量存在干扰,我建议你把所有后台软件关了,在安装打开lumerical,看看其他软件谁对他造成影响。对了,我说的就是2020.

谢谢,我在国外,没有用过网易邮箱。应该不是网易的问题

一般来说,出现这种情况都是计算机设置问题或者内存问题或者是显卡问题,换一台计算机就没事。如果计算机装的软件较多,特别是免费下载的软件,有时会产生严重影响。所以一般公司都不允许下载未经许可授权的软件。