Is possible to design two/more components in one file .fsp (FDTD)?

Hi,

Questions:-
(i) Is there has any example in FDTD which shows two or more components designed in one file (.fsp)?
(ii) Is possible to design two or more components in one file .fsp? If can, please shows to me the steps or methods to design two or more components in one .fsp file (FDTD).
(iii) Example: To design OLED with waveguide in one file fsp. (FDTD) without using interconnect module (refer below figure). Is it possible to view the results of OLED & waveguide separately?

I’m not sure whether I asked this question previous or not. Sorry if this questions repeated.

Hope to receive your feedback as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Kalai

Hi kalaivani.tarumaraja
In FDTD Solutions there is an object library. This library contains some objects. Each object consists of a “Structure Group”. In this structure group there are some primitive components. For example the object “Ring Resonator” consists of number of waveguides. All these waveguides make the “Structure Group” called ring resonator.

If you want to change this structure you have to change the primitive components. But it is a little difficult.Select the “structure group” and click right .
Then click edit. After that you have to make a lot of changes in the script python code. You can add more primitive components and finally construct the structure you want.

I would not recommend you to simulate more than one components is FDTD Solutions. The simulation time will be very long.
An easier method is to extract the S parameters for each component and then continue to INTERCONNECT.

Hi konslekk,

Noted. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Kalai

FDTD Solutions is a component level simulation tool. So I think @konslekk is right about the point that single FDTD simulation to contain multi-components can be time consuming.

To answer your question: I think it is a yes, it is possible to design multi-components in FDTD. But a bigger questions is that if it is really the best simulation approach to do what you want. To answer the later question, it will really depend on your simulation goal. If you can tell us what kind of results you are hoping to extract, we can try to provide you comments more specific to your design.