Import the S-parameter file generated to the Optical N Port S-Parameter element (Grating_Coupler)

grating_coupler.icp (118.4 KB)

Hi All

I am new to Lumerical software I used grating coupler example on the website, but at this step which is written below,I am not able to import the S-parameter to the Optical N Port S-Parameter element (Grating_Coupler). could anyone please help me ?

Step 4: Compact model creation

1. Open the grating_coupler.icp file in INTERCONNECT.
  2. Import the S-parameter file generated in Step 3 to the Optical N Port S-Parameter element (Grating_Coupler).
  3. Run the simulation and visualize the transmission results from input 1 mode 1. Switch the scalar operation to “Abs^2” to observe the power transmission

Hi
I am a new to lumerical trying to simulate grating, I followed the example in the lumerical website this is the link

at step 4 in Compact model creation, I am not able to import the s-parameters file to the s-parameter N-port grating coupler, could you please help me

Hello @2052680a,

You shouldn’t have to do anything to import the S parameters into the Optical N Port S-Parameter element. The S parameter file is already specified in the example file:

As long as the gc_strip_te_c_S_params.txt file is in the current working directory (which should be the directory the simulation file is in by default) this example should run.

Try downloading the example again, opening the Interconnect file and running the simulation. This should produce the results shown on the example page.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much, Kjohnson
Sorry for the delay in reply.
If I have any issue with it I will let you know
Mahmoud

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.