Ubuntu is not a supported system.
This article is a work-around for this distribution of Linux and is not guaranteed to work for all Ubuntu installations. See Notes below for our control system settings/configuraiton.
- Installation requires sudo or root access.
- Additional libraries need to be installed.
- Internet access to download the required files from Ubuntu repositories.
- This process was done with a fresh Installation of Ubuntu server 18.04 LTS using Ubuntu desktop environment.
- This process might not work with certain Ubuntu installation. FlexLM is not able to start the graphical license manager,
lmadmin. In this case the non-graphical
lmgrdshould be used. > Using FlexLM lmgrd on Ubuntu systems
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop # to install the desktop environment sudo apt-get install alien sudo apt-get install lsb
Install FlexNet license manager
FlexNet license managerwill be installed on
1 machinewhich will serve as the
license server. For Linux systems, you will require a Floating license.
FlexNet license manager for Linuxfrom our downloads page.
Change directory to the location of the downloaded file (default=Downloads folder) and extract the installation package using
cd ~/Downloads tar -zxf Lumerical_FlexLM-<version>.tar.gz # change directory of the extracted RPM and convert RPM to DEB packages. cd Lumerical_FlexLM-<version>/ sudo alien -k --scripts lumerical-flexlm-<version>.rpm
It might take several minutes to convert these RPM packages.
Once completed, you will get the message:
lumerical_flexlm_<version>.deb package has been generated”.
sudo dpkg -i lumerical-flexlm_<version>.deb
Install missing libraries
Only install when getting error for the
sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib # Create the temp folder (*if it does not exist*) sudo mkdir /usr/tmp sudo mkdir /usr/tmp/.flexlm