How to export to get the GDS file? Thank you

Thank you for contacting Lumerical support. Before proceeding, please note that this is a public forum and anything you post will be visible to the general public. For users residing in the United States, please ensure that the files and information contained within your posts are not International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or export controlled.

To help us solve your issue as quickly as possible, please provide the following information:

1. What device are you trying to simulate? Include diagrams if available.
How to export to get the GDS file?

2. What results are you trying to obtain? Be as specific as possible.

GDS File

3. Description of the problem or issue.

4. Lumerical product and software version.

Zemax_interoperability_metalens.fsp (1.6 MB)
5. Please attach your simulation files, including any logs.GDS_auto_export_test.lsf (3.4 KB)

Hello @yanfen.zhai,

There is some information about exporting simulation geometries to GDS files on these pages:

I believe that the scripts provided in the topic above should work for the simulation file you posted. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Error: C:/Users/ZHAIY0B/Documents/Simulation/metalens-si/GDS_auto_export.lsf line 69: Lumerical_GDS_auto_export is not a valid function or variable name

I don’t know how to deal with some error, please help to deal with them.metalens-si.zip (145.6 KB)

Hello @yanfen.zhai,

This error indicates that the file “Lumerical_GDS_auto_export.lsfx” can’t be found. This file is also available from the example I posted in my previous reply. It needs to be in the same folder as the “GDS_auto_export.lsf” script file when it is run, because it is called at the end of the script.

Please let me know if that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.