How to design holes in a structure/object?

Hello, I am having one more problem. I don’t know how to right the script. As I want to design a waveguide having holes in it, for this I found a program on the lumerical website but they have designed the holes using some script. So, Is there any other to design holes in the structure? Can I add circles (cylinders in 3D) as holes and if yes then what should be the refractive index of these circles? Will these circles affect the refractive index of the of the area of Si covered by these circles as these holes will be inserted in the Si?

Thanks in advance

Optical power versus wavelength plot

Hi,

Waveguides are passive optical components. I just want to make sure whether you were using MODE solutions to tackle what you have in mind.

The simplest starting point with the waveguides will be the following application page:

https://kb.lumerical.com/en/pic_passive_waveguides.html

Can I add circles (cylinders in 3D) as holes and if yes then what should be the refractive index of these circles?

There is vast number of structure options in the Object Library. To create a hollow structure in the waveguide, set the material parameter of the Circle or Cylinder to ETCH or the refractive index corresponding to the medium in which the waveguide will be in.

If you give me the file you are working with, I can give you further suggestions. I hope this was helpful.

Thank you very much. Its really helpful.