Floating error: -97 The desired vendor daemon is down.
The error tells us that the product is able to connect to the license manager either on the current local machine or on a different license server, but it reports back that the LUMERICL Daemon is down or not started.
1. LUMERICL Daemon down
Try to ‘Start or Restart’ the license manager by:
Start -> All Programs -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Restart license server or (1) Start -> All Programs -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Stop license server (2) Start -> All Programs -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Start license server
- from the
sudo /etc/init.d/lumlmadmin start or sudo /etc/init.d/lumlmadmin restart
- or from the default installation folder:
(1) sudo /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/lumlmadmin stop (2) sudo /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/lumlmadmin start or sudo /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/lumlmadmin restart
sudo launchctl kickstart -k system/com.lumerical.flexlm
2. Windows installation issue
If this is the first time you are trying to use the simulation software and the installation was done with the ‘
Standard Configuration’ option
You might get the following error in the
root.Vendor (LUMERICL) ERROR: No valid license files found.
- Uninstalling FlexNet license manager from the computer via:
Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Re-Installing FlexNet license manager, ensure that the ‘
Standard Configuration’ option is