Floating error: -97 The desired vendor daemon is down.
The error tells us that the product is able to connect to the license manager either on the current local machine or on a different license server, but it reports back that the LUMERICL Daemon is down or not started.
1. LUMERICL Daemon down
Check the FlexNet Dashboard to verify if it shows the license or if the LUMERICL daemon is down.
If it’s down, try to ‘Start or Restart’ the license manager by:
Start -> All Programs -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Restart license server or (1) Start -> All Programs -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Stop license server (2) Start -> All Programs -> Lumerical -> Lumerical FlexLM -> Start license server
- from the
sudo /etc/init.d/lumlmadmin start or sudo /etc/init.d/lumlmadmin restart
- or from the default installation folder:
(1) sudo /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/lumlmadmin stop (2) sudo /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/lumlmadmin start or sudo /opt/lumerical/lumerical-flexlm/lumlmadmin restart
sudo launchctl kickstart -k system/com.lumerical.flexlm
2. Windows installation issue
If this is the first time you are trying to use the simulation software and the installation was done with the ‘
Standard Configuration’ option
You might get the following error in the
root.Vendor (LUMERICL) ERROR: No valid license files found.
- Uninstalling FlexNet license manager from the computer via:
Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Re-Installing FlexNet license manager, ensure that the ‘
Standard Configuration’ option is