Error related to open my project file

I have some problem related to my fdtd project.
When I open my file, fdtd-solution operation is stopped and they said, ‘cannot read file…’
How can I fix this problem?
error|690x365

@hmkim4931,

Welcome to Lumerical Knowledge Exchange.

Does this issue happen to all FDTD simulation files or only to a specific file?

To confirm, please download and run nanowire or the paralleltest examples (links on the bottom) from this article:

If it happens to all simulations, try the following:

Let us know how this pans out.

Best
-Lito

I ran nanowire examples and it was worked well…
Is it problem of my computer specification?
Another problem is that my simulation is stopped at 99%, saving status.

And after that, Q analysis is removed from FDTD layout tap. What’s the problem?

@hmkim493,

Can you try to save the simulation file into your local hard drive i.e. your local drive C:\ or your user folder? There might be an issue saving the simulation file with the results?

To clarify:

• What is the operating system and version you are running on?
  • What version of Lumerical are you using?
  • Is your computer managed by your IT dept?
  • Were you able to do a Clean Installation (as shown from the KX article below?

Best,
-Lito

I usually save file into downloads file or local drive or USB. When I save my file, there is no problem. But after try to open files again, there are some problem like stopped working…

• What is the operating system and version you are running on? --> Window 10, 64 bits, 8GB Ram
  • What version of Lumerical are you using? --> Lumerical 2019b
  • Is your computer managed by your IT dept? --> I’m not sure… but the clear thing is that the license is managed by my department. Because I use other IP address to active lumerical.
  • Were you able to do a Clean Installation (as shown from the KX article below? --> OK, I’ll do it again.

Best regards

Hyemin

@hmkim4931,

Make sure that you have Read/Write access to the location of your saved files.
Make sure you also have admin access to your computer to be able to remove the installation folders.

-Lito

I save my files into my USB and c drive.
Also I can remove the installation folders.

@hmkim4931,

Please try the clean install and store your files into your user folder (i.e. Desktop or Downloads in Windows.

Remove all the (hidden) preference files on your machine and install on your system drive not an external drive or different hard drive.

Lito

Now it works! Thank you very much.

Glad that the issue has been resolved. :+1:

Best,
Lito