Error in Graphene ( Average variation in charge over contact "base" interfaces exceeds tolerance)

Hello,

I have this error when I running the attached file in device.
Can you help me to solve it please?

Thanks,
Yara

Hi @yara_elsebaai. Before we start talking about the problem with convergence, I have to point out that we do not have a proper model for graphene in DEVICE. The material model you have taken from our KB example is a fitted model that will only give usable results when there is not transport through graphene. In your setup, there will be current flowing through the graphene layer and therefore the model will give you wrong result. Do you think it makes sense to run the simulation without the graphene layer? What is the function of the layer in your device?

Thank you for your reply.

I can’t remove the layer of graphene because i want to study graphene effect.

the file that i sent it is done in a paper, but the properties of graphene was not indicated clearly.

I have a question. Device cannot help me to study graphene model?

Thanks

Hi @yara_elsebaai, my apologies for the late reply. Yes, unfortunately the CHARGE solver in DEVICE cannot help you simulate the electrical behavior of graphene if there is going to be transport through the 2D material. In your structure the graphene layer is connecting the two electrical contacts so you can expect electrical transport through it and therefore the CHARGE solver will not be able to model the behavior of your device.

Thank you very much for your reply.