Engine Error, using MS MPI

mpi

Hi there,

I have installed lumerical FDTD Solutions using a node locked license. The software was working properly until yesterday an error message was coming up by starting a simulation (see attached picture):

I was browsing for simialr problems here at the online platform and I think the error is related to mpich.dll or mpich2.dll I do not know exactly. In principle I could reinstall the software. But since I have a node locked license I have to deactivate the license and I can only reactivate the licenses three times. So I would prefer to avoid reinstallation.

Can sombody here can help me along with my problem?

Thank you very much

Regards
Florian

Hi Florian,

Thanks for posting the information. Something you can try is reinstalling MSMPI . It is provided in the install package, and should have been installed if you ran the install by lauching FDTD_Solutions_Installer.exe but you can also install it manually, the installer is in the MSMpi folder :

Hopefully, that will help!

Best regards,

Greg

Hi Greg,

thanks for your answer. Do I understand correctly that I do not have to deactivate the node locked license for this procedure?

Thanks
Regards
Florian

That is right. Actually, you shouldn’t have to deactivate/reactivate the license when reinstalling the software or installing a new version.

Best regards,

Greg

Okay thanks a lot!

It worked :wink:

Regards

Florian