Does it make sense to use the TFSF source when studying periodic systems?

I am interested in studying the scattering behavior of periodic array of nanoparticles on a glass substrate. I am interested in using the TFSF source becuase is removes the specular reflection from the simulated data (when the monitor is in the scattered field region). However, I am not sure if the TFSF source is compatible with periodic boundary conditions. Most of the examples I see that use the TFSF source are for non-periodic systems. I’ve attached a simple screenshot of my simulation.

Transmission for finite number of cells

Hello Kmaehara,

I have just read in the knowledge base that it is indeed possible to use TFSF together with the periodic boundary conditions: "Periodic structures in a multi-layer substrate, when used in conjunction with Periodic or Bloch boundary conditions"
https://kb.lumerical.com/en/ref_sim_obj_sources_tfsf.html

I think it is okay to use TFSF in a periodic array simulation. Although the TFSF source corners are outside the simulation region, it will make a difference. For example, if the spheres are supposed to be the scatterer, the reference corner should not hit the sphere. I would suggest setting the source span just a bit larger than the simulation region and make sure the reference corners are not hitting the scatterer. This page has some more tips about using TFSF in the periodic setup.