Deactivation failed with code 12-

Online Deactivation resulted in the following error:

The license becomes “Unknown, Disabled”

To resolve this issue:

1. Please reboot your machine
  2. Do the Online Deactivation process again on the now “Unknown, Disabled” license.

If the issue persists:

Please perform and Offline Deactivation and send us the offline deactivation requestXML file as outlined below (choose the link corresponding to your license type).

Node license (Windows or macOS trial licenses)

https://kx.lumerical.com/t/node-license-offline-activation/23749/2

Floating license (Linux trial license)

https://kx.lumerical.com/t/floating-license-offline-activation/23747/2

Send the requestXML file to Lumerical Support (click here).

I am trying to transfer my trial license to another PC. I’m getting the following message when attempting to deactivate:
After this, the status of license is being shown as “Unknown,disabled”. Does this mean that it has been deactivated?

I found an above message when I attempted to dectivate for transfering my license to another computer.
Is there any possible way to deactivate my license?

I found an above message when I attempted to dectivate for transfering my license to another computer.
Is there any possible way to deactivate my license?

We want to transfer our (MODE+INTERCONNECT) solver with another PC but while de-active license, I faced some deactivation failed message (attached). Kindly guide me as it is important for us. Thanks.Regards,

Dear Tech Team,
We want to transfer our (MODE+INTERCONNECT) solver with another PC but while de-active license, I faced some deactivation failed massage (attached). Kindly guide me as it is important for us. Thanks.Regards,

Ranjan

Texas A&M University

image.png

@ranjandas1 and @ramyrady,

Please refer to the instructions :point_up:

Hello!

I use a Lumerical FDTD Solutions for the first time.
I received a trial license but FDTD Solutions didn’t run. It happened because I used the computer on which trial license was installed before. So I have to contact with Account Manager to explain this situation and he sent the new trial license to me soon.
Thereafter I added this new trial license to the first trial license. But FDTD didn’t run and I decided to remove and to reinstall both licenses.
First of all, I removed one of them. After that I have tried to remove the second license but I have failed (look at the print screen).

Please tell me how can I fix this problem?

Dear Lumerical,
We tried online deactivation but it failed. So we did this with offline and attached the request.xml file. Please guide us.

Regards,

Ranjan

Note: Currently we are using Windows-10 with Node locked license (MODE+INTERCONNECT solver). Now we want to transfer the license to Ramy’s PC.

(Attachment request.xml is missing)

Dear Lumerical,
We tried online deactivation but it failed. So we did this with offline and attached the request.xml file. Please guide us.

Regards,

Ranjan

Note: Currently we are using Windows-10 with Node locked license (MODE+INTERCONNECT solver). Now we want to transfer the license to Ramy’s PC.

request.zip (2.46 KB)

@ranjandas1,

I have emailed your deactivation responseXML file. Complete the process as shown on the article:

IMPORTANT !

You have deactivated the license in the past and have used up the allowable deactivation of 3x times in a year. Please DO NOT try to Deactivate or Transfer the license again! Otherwise, you will not be able to activate the license and it will be unusable.

-Lito

Hello,

The license is disabled on our previous PC and now we want to activate it on the second PC, what should we do?

If this is the license that was Deactivated recently by @ranjandas1 with the offline method, please complete the offline DEACTIVATION process to fix the issue of UNKNOWN, DISABLED license status.

Once the license is completely Deactivated (removed) on your machine, you can now Activate the license again on another machine as shown here: (Node license online activation)

If this is a different license - then please do an offline deactivation of this license.

Do not perform the offline deactivation twice (2x) on the same license - license will be lost.

-Lito

Hello,
we have done steps 1-7 but still we are waiting for “A ResponseXML file will be provided by Lumerical”. Can you please provide us with the response?

@ramyrady,
I emailed the responseXML file to @ranjandas1, 3 days ago, using the registered email address on the account.

-Lito

Hi Lumerical,
Unfortunately we are unable to find responseXML file. Can you please resend it again. Thanks.

Ranjan

Just resent responseXML file to both email addresses:
ranjandas@tamu.edu
ramyrady@tamu.edu

Please check your spam or junk inbox in case this has been filtered by your email client.

-Lito