About the Power absorbed (advanced) analysis group

analysisgroup

I want to use the power monitor. It give the note that

“For best accuracy when using this analysis object with periodic and bloch boundaries, it is necessary to modify the ‘periodic boundary condition correction’ portion of this analysis script. Contact Lumerical support for details.”

So I am here for help.

"Power absorbed (advanced)
This script returns the fraction of power from the source that is absorbed within the volume. The absorption is calculated using the following relation:
L=0.5eps0w*(abs(E))^2*imag(eps));
To provide a more accurate answer, the absorption is calculated from each field component before doing the spatial interpolation to standard mesh cell locations.
Note: For best accuracy, the analysis object should be large enough to completely surround the absorbing material, including at least 1 mesh cell of non-absorbing region around the edges of the analysis object
Note: Periodic boundary conditions: For best accuracy when using this analysis object with periodic and bloch boundaries, it is necessary to modify the ‘periodic boundary condition correction’ portion of this analysis script. Contact Lumerical support for details."

Hi. The script gives detailed instructions on how to use enable the corrections for periodic boundary conditions on lines 76-94. I have copied the instructions below. Hope this clears up on how to use the analysis group with periodic boundaries.

NOTE: You can enable an “if” statement by setting the argument to “1” instead of “0”.

[code]##############################################################################

Periodic boundary condition correction

##############################################################################

This script avoids interpolation errors at the min boundary condition

due to the way the ‘none’ spatial interpolation option behaves

at the boundary. The script copies the 2nd to last data point

(max position) to the corresponding ‘min position’. This avoids

interpolation errors that can occur when the ‘min position’ data

is not present.

To use this option, enable the initial IF statement, then enable

the IF statements on the appropriate boundaries.

Requirements

- It is not necessary to use this correction when symmetry boundaries

are used. Applying the correction in that case will result in errors.

- The monitors must extend across the entire simulation region in the directions

where periodic boundaries are used.

- The mesh size at the min/max boundaries is assumed to be the same [/code]

The key point here is “To use this option, enable the initial IF statement, then enable the IF statements on the appropriate boundaries.

Thanks a lot.
And feel sorry than I just stop at the line ''Contact Lumerical support for details".

No worries! That worked didn’t it :wink: